Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Slowing down

November was a blur.  An exciting blur.  A fascinating blur.  A blur filled with family and friends and fun.  But a blur nonetheless.  In less than a month I'll be celebrating another birthday.  I don't think I'm getting older.  In fact I'd like to believe I'm just getting more seasoned.  But after the last two weeks of fighting off this cold/flu/whatever it is I think my body is trying to tell me that I am in fact getting older. 
It's interesting how the mind and body can be so separate but so completely connected.  I was just speaking with a good friend saying sometimes you have to follow your heart over your head.  I still agree that it's sound advice but sometimes, when your body tells you to slow down, you might just want to listen. 
But December is the most beautiful month filled with all the wonders of the holiday season.  So I guess I'll rest in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment