Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Welcoming Thoughts

I think about my Dad often.  I miss our talks.  I'm not sure if he ever really had much to say about my ramblings, but he always listened.  He listened, and I somehow figured out the problem at hand.  It's been just over two years since he's passed, but he stays very close to my heart.  I remembered a conversation years ago, we had about my car.  We were talking about the merits of a hybrid, and I told him that when it was time, I wanted to get one.  The problem now has become that I don't know when that time is right, let alone if the hybrid is right.  You see it's been nearly eight years since I bought my car.  I'm enjoying the excellent mileage it gets, the fact that it's well paid for, and that it is the only Emerald Green Kia Rio in the North Country.  Everyone knows it's me.  It just has this check engine light that never goes off.  Every fall, I begin the contemplation of whether it's time to trade Ozzy in for something new.  And every fall I find myself in the same boat.  Actually, the boat is a completely different situation all together.  I see the trees changing, and I know this is the time to decide if Ozzy can take one more winter.  Is it financially responsible to get a new car?  Should it be new or used?  Hybrid or not?  Now or later?  Is it necessary?  I wonder when it got so complicated.  Or perhaps it's not so complicated, maybe I just need someone to listen to me.  Or maybe I just need to write it all down and figure it out.  And if that's the case, then I thought I'd invite you along for the ride.  She's a smooth ride...except for the grinding and bumping behind the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment